LDC Development now have an area within the University’s new virtual learning environment, Canvas ‘LDC Development Online Resources’, which offers supplementary information to our face-to-face and online programme of events.
Access: This resource is open to all PGRs at the University of Liverpool and can be accessed at any time through the link below:
Access the ‘LDC Development Online resources area’
– You will need to log in with your MWS credentials, with your username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org .
Content – Our resources in Canvas are organised into two sections, with further information below:
- LDC Development Online provision
- Related training sources for Postgraduate researchers
LDC Development Online provision
The resources are divided into our seven programme themes:
- Taking Ownership of Your PhD – materials from our introductory workshops for new PGRs, including edited recordings of some of the workshops for those new to the PhD.
- Communicating in Writing – materials to develop your academic writing, for your thesis and research publications, including recordings of materials from the three webinars on ‘Developing Writing Techniques’.
- Communicating through Presentations – materials looking at the requirements for research presentations and academic posters, including content from of the two online workshops covering Research Presentation.
This area also includes guidance for the PhD Viva.
- Research Productivity – materials covering Time and Project management
- Resilience and Well-being – ways that you can manage the challenges of life as a researcher
- Career Planning – guidance and an online course help to help your prepare for the next step in your career
- Creativity & Critical thinking – an introduction to the problem-solving, innovation and critical thinking skills needed as a researcher
- Support for the PGR Toolbox – including a video of a recent introductory webinar with a software demonstration.
Related training sources for Postgraduate researchers
The section contains links to further development opportunities with the University of relevance to postgraduate researchers:
- Research Ethics and Research Integrity – access to the recommended Epigeum courses on these subjects.
- Cross-faculty training Opportunities – a list of training opportunities available in April 2021.