For research staff and postgraduate researchers
“I attended the ‘Leadership in Action’ course expecting to pick up a few tips, the odd insight. I left 6 inches taller, with increased confidence, team skills and satisfaction”
This programme provides researchers the opportunity to:
- explore team leadership in theory and in practice
- influence people towards a common goal/purpose
- understand personal strengths and weaknesses as a leader
- recognise achievements to create success within your research team
- explore personal values and how these affect decisions
- work with a team of experienced leaders from a range of career backgrounds
- receive feedback on personal leadership styles and identify how these can be further developed.
- Attendance fulfils the Careers requirement for your PGR Development Programme. See the section on Leadership In Action on the PGR Development website: http://www.liv.ac.uk/pgr-development/careers-development/workshops//
- See also the previous post on GRADschools:http://pgrnews.liverpool.ac.uk/?p=948
To find out more and to book your place, please visit: www.vitae.ac.uk/lia2013
Cost and eligibility
This event is for research staff and doctoral researchers. The fee is £730+VAT and it covers expert coaching and facilitation, materials, accommodation and all meals. Travel to the venue is not included.You will be expected to meet this cost out of any training and development funds held by either you or your supervisor. All research students are eligible to attend.