We are pleased to announce a number of improvements to the PGR Toolbox, following a survey on the PGR toolbox last spring and a subsequent meeting with PGR representatives in which we established a priority order for requested improvements. Computing services have now implemented the following changes:
- Inclusion of Whole supervisory team to meet Institutional requirements
- Removal of the very restrictive character limit in the forms
- Removal of the restriction on adding meetings out of sequence – However, please note the official policy is for you to maintain this record throughout the year
- The provision of views of the Portfolio of Activity for a selected date range and to allow more options for listing activities
The incorporation of the PGR Toolbox software into Liverpool Life should also have both improved access and offers an easier route to keep up to date with activities in PGR Development.
We hope the changes will make the software easier to use. If you have further suggestions, or if you are still encountering errors using the Record of Supervisory Meetings or the PGR Portfolio of Activity, please contact PGR development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New FAQs: Through the new Code of Practice, the University has implemented changes to the requirements for recording Supervisory meetings from 1st Sept. We have been working with the PGR Student Team to provide new FAQs to help address many common queries:
- Further information on the institutional requirements, including the number of meetings required, is available on the Research Student Administration FAQs page
- FAQs covering how to use the PGR Toolbox effectively is available from PGR Development website
PGR Portfolio of activity: We now have two new guides on using the PGR Toolbox to help you use the Portfolio of Activity to prepare for your future career:
- Using the Portfolio of Activity for your Career– recommendations on how you can record your activities to help promote your experience for future CV and interviews.
- Using Descriptors in the Portfolio of Activity– ideas and advice on using the descriptors to help your professional development planning and to help you audit your skills for specific career choices
Further toolbox guides are available on our website: http://www.liv.ac.uk/pgr-development/further-development/toolbox/