Would you like to enhance your teaching portfolio with experience in professional development?
Are you looking for opportunities to practice and enhance your facilitation techniques in paid part-time teaching?
PGR Development would like to expand the involvement of researchers within the programme of professional development and are looking to expand the number of paid opportunities for PhD researchers to gain teaching experience within this area.
To achieve this we are inviting interest from current PhD students who are interested in involvement in any of the following areas:
- Developing your own workshops, with support from PGR Development
- Developing shorter sessions, on your own or with colleagues, that are part of longer workshops or for webinars
- As Assistant tutor in PGR Development Programme on workshops such as:
- One day workshops for new researchers on campus
- Online courses on ‘Communicating research’
- Webinar support for the development of new sessions or assistance in delivery
- Half day presentation sessions on campus
If you have any further ideas please sign up to our expression of interest form below and add a summary of your ideas to this form in the space provided.
Guidance and informal training will be provided for any acceptable proposals, through our Facilitation workshops and in further small group sessions.
Note: we can only support development in professional development, as opposed to subject training and our workshops are offered at either Faculty level or to PGRs from across the University.
Any teaching delivery normally takes place on campus, but would be on a flexible basis at times to fit in with your research and other work. All delivery would be administered and marketed by PGR Development.
If you are interested to explore or gain further involvement in any of the opportunities listed above, please add your name to our expression of interest form.
We will contact all on this list and arrange small group sessions to help you learn more of the opportunities within our programme or to develop your ideas.