Do you want to further develop and enhance your writing and other communication skills? Are you interested in sharing your research online, in blogs or Newsletter articles or using Twitter as a form of research communication? The following online courses and webinar can help you start:
Communicating Research in the Sciences Online 22 Jan – 02 April
Communicating Research in the Humanities & Social Sciences Online 22 Jan – 02 April
These two ten week courses offer a supportive and encouraging forum with a range of discussion topics including writing and presentation skills to help you develop wider research skills. In participating in these courses you will:
- Gain practice in writing and communicating the essence of your research to others, and so review and share ideas for your research project (Writing in different ways can often help you think differently about the topics)
- Enjoy the benefits of feedback from those outside your field of research, who may offer a new angle to your research,
- Learn of the different areas of research in the University. See also how others present their research and write differently, their styles, their approaches …
- Engage and gain direct experience of the Peer review process.
- Engage in online discussions on methods of writing, referencing, publications …
- Gain confidence from finding others who are interested in your research!
Please choose the course that best fits your research focus.and follow the links in the course titles for further details and registration.
Using Twitter for Academic Purposes 22nd January 12.30-1.30pm
This webinar is designed for researchers who are new to Twitter, as well as those who are already on Twitter to help them explore how they might use Twitter with their research.
And if you’re struggling to start your writing see,
Overcoming Writer’s Block – 24 Jan 14:00 – 17:00
Or see the LDC Development Timetable for a full list of all events available for booking.