‘Chance favours the prepared mind’.
Keen to gain extra support with your career planning?
The Liverpool Doctoral College are offering a one hour face-to-face coaching session to help you with your career preparation, with a further follow-up session by Skype if required. This offer is open to all PGRs at any stage in their degree.
These sessions will provide focused and tailored support with issues such as:
- Equipping you to create effective application forms, CVs, personal statements and cover letters for specific roles you are applying for
- Preparing for interview (including carrying out mock interviews and providing feedback)
- Making a positive impact within interviews/presentations – e.g. Influencing others and harnessing nerves and anxiety
- Discussing career issues, e.g. expansion of your network for career success, choosing options
- How to harness change as you move on from your PhD
- Helping you think through self-employment – if this is a consideration
The one to one coaching is delivered by Sally Beyer who has specialised career coaching experience. She will be familiar to many of you from our careers half day workshops and careers webinars.
Dates: If you would like to book a free one hour coaching session with Sally, please follow the link on the preferred date below. These dates are offered on a first-come-first-served basis.
12-1pm or 1pm – 2pm
Please only register for one slot. Following your registration, a further pre-session form will be sent out for you to provide Sally with information to help her best prepare for your coaching session. Please return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your booking will only be accepted on completion of this pre-session form.
About your coach
Sally is a Careers and Learning & Development professional with over 22 years’ experience of training and coaching people from all walks of life. Along with working for two local Universities, Sally has worked with many private and public organisations delivering career management support to help staff at all levels to achieve their full potential.
To find out more about Sally please take a look at her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sally-beyer/