Happy new year to all researchers at Liverpool!
We hope you are returning from a well-earned break, refreshed and looking forward to the coming year. This time of year is a good opportunity to review your work, maybe to take a fresh approach to your research or work environment and find ways to move forward on your long term goals. Do you have new ideas that you want to explore or do you need to organise your working life more efficiently? Do you have upcoming challenges that need new solutions? Do you need to take actions for your future career?
This is also a time to review your own development and the LDC Development programme can help in several ways
- Our first webinar, on the 28th January, will help you create a development plan.
- The Spring programme has a strong focus on presentation skills, including repeated offerings of the small group workshop on Delivering Academic presentations.
- We have further workshops to advance your writing and a return of the Thesis Thursday sessions, together with sessions on research productivity.
- The programme also has a focus on impact, to help you achieve impact outside your academic area, which is an important aspect of research to have on your CV, whether your future career is inside or outside of Academia.
- Finally we have a new Career-ready Boot-camp coming up in March.
The following list connects upcoming events to the programme themes on our website:
Research Productivity (Taking Ownership of your PhD and Resilience)
|04-Feb||12:30 – 13:30||Webinar: Managing and facilitating meetings|
|11-Feb||12:30 – 13:30||Webinar: Time management|
|28-Feb||9:15 – 12:30||The Emotionally Intelligent Researcher|
|23-Jan||13:00 – 16:00||Delivering Academic Presentations|
|29-Jan||13:00 – 16:00||Delivering Academic Presentations|
|13-Feb||13:00 – 16:00||Delivering Academic Presentations|
|14-Feb||13:00 – 16:00||Preparing Poster presentations|
|19-Feb||13:00 – 16:00||Planning and preparing an effective Research Presentation|
|27-Feb||13:00 – 16:00||Delivering Academic Presentations|
|07-Feb||09:00 – 12:00||Thesis Thursday: structure & format|
|18-Feb||12:30 – 13:30||Webinar: Research Writing – maintaining motivation for your writing|
|20-Feb||13:30 – 16:30||Mini Writing Retreat|
|25-Feb||12:30 – 13:30||Webinar: Research Writing – communicating your research effectively|
Impact (Public Engagement )
|11th Feb – 8th April||8 week online course||Communicating research online: writing for a wider audience|
|21-Feb||10:00 – 15:00||Making Meaningful Impact during your PhD|