The LDC Development team is aiming to recruit a PGR research student at the University of Liverpool to work with the team to communicate and promote the LDC Development Programme and related events within the postgraduate research community. The role is part-time, up to one day per week equivalent. We are hoping that the post can start as soon as possible, from late January if possible.
The Liverpool Doctoral College provides a flexible Development Programme for all PhD researchers to support them in their on-going professional and personal development for their research work and their future career. The programme serves the diverse needs of our multi-faculty community and, in order to communicate with our community of stakeholders, we use a variety of communication methods including, an externally facing website, blog, Twitter and newsletters, both central and at Faculty/School level.
We are looking for an enthusiastic PGR student with good interpersonal skills who has a strong interest in their own professional development and is keen to serve the needs of the wider PGR community. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to further enhance your administrative skills and support the evaluation of our overall communications approach.
The post requires a commitment of 3.5 hours per week to be spent working in the LDC Development team office (126 Mount Pleasant) on a mutually agreed day each week, with a flexible additional 1 -3.5 hours working as required, which may be spent out of the team office.
- Take an active role in promoting the LDC Development Programme to the PGR community
- Support the communication of the LDC Development Programme through preparing content for University and Faculty-level newsletters.
- Promote the programme through preparing and scheduling blogs and other social media posts
- Explore and implement new ways to connect and communicate with the PGR community
- Provide communication on wider activities across the LDC
- Ensure timely delivery of programme communications
- Other duties commensurate with post
- Current PGR student at the University of Liverpool
- Experience of the Higher Education Research Environment
- Knowledge of the Researcher Development Framework
- Good knowledge of the training and development offered by the University of Liverpool
- Knowledge of wider opportunities for training and development in the University
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills; reliability and punctuality; timely communicator
- Excellent team-working skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to equality and a desire to meet the needs of a diverse body of students
- Knowledge of the experiences of PGRs based in other Faculties
- Previous experience in promotional work
- Writing articles for public communication
- Experience of writing for the web or writing a blog
- Experience with social media, including twitter
- Administrative experience
Salary: Casual worker contract, Grade5 on the University pay scale for an 8 week period in the first instance.
We would like to start this appointment as soon as possible and interested candidates are advised to apply promptly. We will close the recruitment when we find a suitable applicant. To apply for the post, please send your CV and a Cover Letter by email to Shirley Cooper, Programme Lead, Liverpool Doctoral College Development Programme. email: Shirley.firstname.lastname@example.org