Final Summer Research Café 23rd July 11am – call for presenters
The next Online Research Café will take place on the 23rd July at 11am. Research cafes are a great way to learn about new research and meet fellow researchers from across campus. Speakers can practice presenting their research to others and get feedback in a friendly environment. It’s also a good opportunity to try out presenting online. Presentations are short – ten minutes followed by a few minutes for questions and discussion.
If you’re interested in being a presenter, please email Sarah Roughley Barake: firstname.lastname@example.org
Researcher KnowHow – events in July
The Researcher Knowhow Team are proving the following sessions in July:
- Publishing and Open Research Springer Natures perspective, July 2nd 2.00pm – 3.00pm
- Literature searching: tips and tricks July 6th 11.00am – 12.00pm
- Research data management and reproducibility July 7th 10.30am – 11.30am
- Responsible metrics in research assessment July 9th 2.00pm – 3.00pm
- Choosing the right journal to publish in July 15th 11.00am – 11.45 am
- Copyright and your thesis July 16th 11.00am – 12.00pm
- Advanced Endnote July 22nd 11.00am – 12.00pm
Visit Researcher KnowHow for further details and to sign up.
Statistics and Knowhow
Further sessions on statistics are provided by the Knowhow team, which may be of interested to PhD researchers new to this area
They are offering 5 sessions running from 1st July to 15th July, which collectively cover choosing statistical tests, introduction to SPSS, understanding normal distributions and T-Tests and understanding and performing ANOVAs. You can either sign up for all 5 or just the sessions that will help you with your research.
For further details, see the Knowhow platform.