For postgraduate researchers
“It has probably been the best personal/life development course I have ever done.”
GRADschools are three day practical learning and development programmes which enable postgraduate researchers to reflect upon and develop their skills. The programme gives researchers the opportunity to:
- develop professional and personal effectiveness
- broaden your skills for becoming a more effective researcher, such as communication, team working, project planning, and decision-making.
- plan and manage the next steps of your career
- understand yourself and challenge your assumptions
- meet doctoral researchers and experienced tutors from a variety of disciplines, backgrounds, countries, and career stages
Attendance fulfils the Careers requirement for your PGR Development Programme, see www.liv.ac.uk/pgr-development/careers-development/workshops/
To find out more and to book your place, please visit: www.vitae.ac.uk/gradschool2013.
Cost and eligibility
The fee is £695+VAT and it covers expert tutors, materials, half a day at an outdoor activity centre, accommodation and meals. Travel to the venue is not included. You will be expected to meet this cost out of any training and development funds held by either you or your supervisor. All research students are eligible to attend.