Presenters: Sally Beyer and Sharon Nicholson
Start time 09.15 End Time: 16.30
When did you last take some quality time to think about you and your future?
Do you need space and time out to reflect on your career and create a strategic career plan for the next 1-3 years?
Do you need to enhance your ability to influence others positively in networking situations?
Are you keen to explore ways to enhance your networking presence via Social Media?
This one day face-to-face career workshop offers a provoking and interactive session to help you develop your career management and networking skills. Note, this session is for PGRs who have not attended previous sessions on ‘Career management’ and ‘Developing networking skills’
In this session, we will help you to explore how employable you are, identify the work values that drive you and set personal and professional goals for the next 3 years. Along with creating a plan of action for you to maximise your potential both in and outside of work; it will give you some breathing space in a non-judgmental environment, providing tools to be honest with yourself about what you really want.
The session will also provide practical techniques to structure your networking approach, enhance your rapport building skills using Neuro-Linguistic Programming Techniques and help you to identify and hone your ‘Elevator Pitch’ to promote yourself and your research.
- Opportunity to reflect on and collate a foundation of information about yourself that will help you make career choices in the future (relating to both, work and life).
- Give you some breathing space in an environment where no judgments will be made about you – the chance to be honest with yourself about what you really want.
- Time to create a strategic plan for how you will make the most of the next 1-3 years so that you are going in the right direction for you.
- Offer an interactive session to gain confidence in your ability to network effectively.
- Enhance your ability to influence others positively in the way you communicate via face to face and online/email networking.
- Build your network with fellow PGRs by discussing ideas, reflecting on experience and supporting one another.
To book your place, please complete the following Registration form.
Thank you. PGR Development